Monday 3 January 2011

End of 2010

Its a new year, filled with mixed feelings. I hate leaving last year behind, it was the last year I had with Bruno, and yet the hope of getting over the pain makes me look forward to the future. Every time I see another dog I think of him, and of late I have been seeing a lot of fox terriers. In the past I would always walk up to a fox terrier, have a few words with the owner, and not miss a chance to say hello. Now it seems sad, I always stop myself just as I begin to walk in that direction, the thought of saying "I had a fox terrier" is terrifying, not an emotion I want to share with strangers. I hate thinking that I had a brilliant dog, I wish it were the present instead of the past.
I have no idea what the next year will bring. Perhaps my family will a have another dog soon. I am not sure how much of a hurry I am to get into the new year, and I am not sure how ready I am to leave Bruno behind. I will have to wait and see I guess. All I know, is that I can never pet a dog and say I had one just like that in the past, that is certainly not a sentence I am ready to face just as yet. I hope this is a happy new year, but Bruno is going to stay in my mind forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment